- One litre of water should last 15 hour s of continuous operation.
- Add Distilled water to recycling container to bring it to the full mark –8cm from top of tank.
- After 3 months of operation, the liquid should be flushed out and drained. New/Fresh solution should be used.
- For trucks and other engines using a 24 volt and 30 amp, supplying one litre of water should last between 5 to 6 hours of continuous operation.
- Concentration of 11 grams per litre equates a pH of 13.6. This is the ideal concentration of the solution in the system
- In order to make up the solution the ideal way is to make a concentrated solution of potassium hydroxide by dissolving 50 grams in 150 mls of water.
- With the system running , slowly add small amounts of the concentrated solution to the recycling tank until the current flow in the system measures 28 amp. This is a time consuming process and time shhold be allowed to mix the potassium hyrdroxide solution thoroughly before adding more electrolyte . The complete operation should take 5 min to set up.
- Once operational only water needs to be added to fill the reservoir up to the level of 8 cm from the top of the recycling container